European Travel Information and Authorization System

Latest ETIAS News

Are you a British citizen who wants to travel to Portugal?This is the place for you! You will find all the latest information about the ETIAS travel authorisation, which will go live in 2023. Find information about travel tips and what to do while visiting Portugal.

ETIAS Process Step - 1

Get notified when ETIAS is mandatory

ETIAS Process Step - 2

Start ETIAS Application online

ETIAS Process Step - 3

Receive ETIAS confirmation

ETIAS Process Step - 4

Welcome to Europe

ETIAS for Visiting Ireland
Northern Ireland and Ireland, how they are different The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK. Although Ireland is not part of the […]


These are some of the most common questions British have about ETIAS and Portugal. Please contact our Customer Support team if you have any additional questions or need help with a particular problem.

The ETIAS new travel authorisationwill remain valid for three years after the initial issuance.This means that you will be able to travel between ETIAS countries for three years from the date of your first issuance.You must apply for a new ETIAS once your ETIAS expires.Remember that your ETIAS is linked to your biometric passport. If it expires or is lost or damaged beyond its use, you will need a new one.

All travel restrictions were lifted by Portugal on May 2, 2022.Britishcitizens are not subject to any travel restrictions.You don’t need a European green card, proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to enter the country.You don’t need to wear a mask to enter public or private facilities in Portugal.Be aware that every canton has its own security and health regulations.To ensure that you do not break any rules, make sure to consult the official Portuguese website for cantonal information.

No. The new ETIAS visa waiver does not replace the Schengen visa regulations or national policies regarding immigration in the country. British nationals cannot use ETIAS to study in the destination country’s national universities or stay in Europe.Let’s say that a US citizen wants to study, settle or work in an ETIAS country.They will need to apply for a visa to study or work in that country through the appropriate embassy.